Thursday 6 March 2014

Stationary creation and development

The image above is of my final compliment slip design and is also very similar to my a4 letterhead, it also possesses the same qualities. I like the organisation of this slip as it uses multiple elements but still doesn't look cluttered.

This development is for my compliment slip and is obviously related to the development of my letterhead but also has the same issues.

This is my final design for my a4 letterhead and is the one I like the most out of my two developed designs. It possesses the uniformity of my previous designs across the project and allows the company to be recognisable across all platforms. The bar at the top seems a little thick but when printed it comes across fine and not as dominating as I've worried it to be.

This is the first of two images that involves my a4 letterhead. This design is taken directly from my initial design however i feel that now ive seen it on computer I believe it to be a bit too boring but also lacks the unity my previous products provide.

These are my thumbnails showing my letterhead and my compliment slip ideas. The first three are for my A4 letterhead and the other three are for my compliment slip. As stated earlier I used some of the features from my business card to hopefully unify it with the other products and I think it works, especially with the first of each.
This is my final design for my business card, it is design to be built and folded into a origami resemblant card that stands on a persons table. I've created my business card like this so it doesn't come across as generic or boring. The colours and elements used tie in with my other products to unify them. Thanks to my research i found that the more unique business cards naturally stand out the most and this influenced my design.


This is one of the designs i liked more as its a lot simpler that the last few but also fits well as its just my logo with a banner.

This is the last idea i experimented with and I wasn't too happy with it, this is because just like the last one it loses its purpose in the surrounding shapes and doesn't fit my logo.

This is the second experimental design that I tried and it was of a more abstract version of my logo but the issue with this design s that i takes away from the airline theme.

This is the first of three experimental ideas. This one being a business card that fold into a plane. This idea is great in concept but not in reality as its extremely impracticle.


This is a revised version of the previous business card idea and is now placed on a horizontal card with the logo text added. I like this idea more but I'm not completely satisfied.

This was the first idea I had for my business card front, it was based around the idea of a vertical business card that follows the idea of traditional Japanese book structure. however I wasn't too fond of this idea and tried again. 

These were the first sketches i created for my business card. As you can see a lot of the ideas carried on to the development stage. The ones i liked the most were the 1st, 2nd and last two. The first and second ideas were simple and fit the japanese theme well by adding a uniformity design feature that could carry on to other elements of my project. The last two are one in the same and are my favourite as they are cut to the shape of my logo instantly making able to relate it to my other products.

No comments:

Post a Comment